Extended producer responsibility, refers to the responsibility for management of the disposal of products by producers once those products are designated as no longer useful by consumers. Our main objective is to develop an effective and efficient system that takes care of collection, segregation and transportation of the material to the waste disposal facility which is approved by the MPCB and CPCB as a PRO Agency. These materials are also used in cement kilns, pyrolysis, for road construction and recycling centers, on the basis of its quality and price.
the shakti plastic industries is a central pollution control board registered pro for plastic and industrial waste.
WHAT IS PRO?
The waste generators such as brand owners/producers are required to collect back the end of life waste generated through their business. This responsibility is met through waste collection agencies who are recognized as a Producer Responsibility Organization (PRO) .
- Process starts with registration at CPCB/SPCB by submission of relevant documents required by CPCB which mainly consist of an action plan, agreement, certificates, licenses, etc.
- Next step starts with the role of authorised waste management agency to collect back agreed volume of post consumer plastic waste in a period of 1 year from desired location and recycle or dispose it safely as per CPCB/SPCB guidelines.
- Waste collection agency will present relevant documents for proof of waste collection activity
- On behalf of PIBOM’s agency will submit quarterly report to CPCB.
- After completion of activity final report will be submitted by agency to PIBOM’s
Collection & disposal process
We began our journey of commencing Collection & Disposals of MLP & Non MLP Plastic Waste from Maharashtra state and now have spread wings across the country. We have joined hands with Municipal Corporation from every state where plastic waste is generated in bulk quantity and have set up Collection centres Pan-India in association with our collection partners. We have even tied up with logistic partners for collection and transportation of plastic waste from anywhere in India.
Collection of MLP & Non MLP Waste in our collection centres is managed through waste collectors, aggregators, traders, societies and more, with the waste collected being segregated in two categories-recyclable & non- recyclable.
We are fully equipped to manage both recyclable and non-recyclable plastic waste material. The recycled MLP & Non-MLP waste is processed at our facility at Palghar and the disposal of non-recyclable waste is supplied to Cement Companies for use as Fuel in Cement kilns.